Thursday, January 24, 2013

Man Salad

I've Loved Salad since I was old enough to choose my own meal. When I was just five years old, Sizzler's Salad bar was my favorite place to eat out. Still today my choice at restaurants is a yummy salad. So I have come up with ways to convince my tough cowboy that a salad can be a yummy meal. That usually takes meat and cheese toppings to do so, but hey, there is some lettuce involved~ And in this case BACON! :)

Lunch for two:
6 slices of Bacon cut in small pieces with scissors (easy peasy) into a cast iron skillet (what I cook everything in) and put into 375* oven for 30 minutes.
Cut a Romaine head of lettuce in half lengthwise.
Dice a tomato~ I love the ones on the vine.
Smear 2 TBS Ranch or Blue cheese dressing onto Romaine half.
Sprinkle with Blue Cheese or Feta Chunks or any other cheese you may like.
Sprinkle with Tomatoes.
Set the bacon on a a paper towel for a few minutes to degrease, then sprinkle on top of the delish salad.
Yes its still a salad even with all that yumminess ;)
And to take it to a whole new culinary level, drizzle a Balsamic Glaze on the top. Balsamic anything is great in my book.  I found this yummy 'Blaze' last month for $4 at Wal-Mart and it is great on anything! Including my finger







It Even Requires a Knife to eat. Total man worthy.

Cowboy Loved It and even said " It is surprisingly filling".

Hopefully some you other  herbivores will enjoy this salad that has become one of our favorites. I look forward to sharing some other Man salads with ya, even a breakfast one... ;) 

Oh Ya. The Doggies Love it when I cook Bacon too! As they get the grease on their dog kibbles ~ Bad Mama, I know. But they sure do Love it! 


MMM! Bacon. Is there much better cooking smell?...

XO,
Lacy

No comments:

Post a Comment